Blueberry Vanilla Muffins

Whenever blueberries are on special, I always pick up a few clamshells. I know I'll find a way to use them. Sometimes I make jam (see my recipe here) or sprinkle berries on my overnight oats (recipe to come) but this time I knew I wanted to bake with the berries.

Before we start, hit the follow button to get notified everytime I post! -------------------->


I started with a basic muffin recipe and added the vanilla and blueberries until I had the perfect muffins. Just a little sweet, literally popping with blueberries, and perfect for breakfast, these bad boys are a definite make again!

Ingredients
1 egg replacement
1 single serve vanilla almond milk yogurt (5.3 oz)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 packages, 6 oz each ripe blueberries

Directions
Preheat oven to 425. In a large bowl combine the "egg", yogurt, maple syrup, and almond milk. In a smaller bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix. Slowly fold the blueberries into the batter. Using a cupcake scoop, dollop batter into a lined muffin tray filling each cavity about 3/4 full. Bake for about 12 minutes rotating the tray halfway during baking time.


These are best served warm from the oven.

Note: For the egg, I used Bob's Red Mill Egg Substitute. You could probably use a chia or flax egg to the same end.

Leave a comment and let me know what kind of muffin you like best! Thanks for reading!

Lots of Love,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment