Spoil your Sweetheart


Say what you want about Valentine's Day and it's commercially driven motives, but any excuse to celebrate is a good excuse to me!

Valentine's Day doesn't have to be about your romantic relationship(s) or lack there of. As a child growing up, my mom would leave little goodies for us to wake up to each year. It's one of my sweetest memories as a child. (pun intended) As an adult, I make a point to drop off something festive for my family to enjoy. Take the time to appreciate everyone who loves you this Valentine's Day!

For my boyfriend this year, I wanted to focus less on the material aspect of things and make something with love. We don't spend a lot of money on each other in general, because we're both relatively practical people (and we don't have the money to spend lol). So I'd rather create a lasting memory that we can nostalgically reminisce while sipping sweet tea on our summer porch at the ripe old age of 97. (However, if you're into expensive presents...ain't nothing wrong with that! Once someone shamed me for liking Christmas presents and I couldn't get over what a Grinch they were.)

Anyway, I've created the following Valentine's Day Game plan.

Food 
What do they like to eat? Maybe they have a favorite cuisine from home or a particular food they've really been into. You could also make a festive treat like chocolate covered strawberries or a red velvet cake. Don't worry if you aren't a great cook, they will be touched by your effort.

For the most part I don't cook meat because I don't eat it. So I thought I'd spoil Alex and make a huge crock pot full of BBQ ribs. Also alcohol.

Fun (I know what you're thinking, don't be dirty)
Spend some time with them. Find something you both enjoy like walking the dogs, watching a favorite movie, or doing a puzzle together.

We both really like to play Mario Kart but due to our busy schedules, we rarely get to play, let alone play together!

Favor

It's nice to have a little something to give your S.O. My sister makes a scrapbook for her fiancé every Valentine's Day chronicling their previous year. You could write a love note detailing all the reasons you love them. Or you could buy something small and silly, like I did.

My poor guy usually gets boring presents like kitchen utensils so I thought I buy him something purely frivolous. I only spent $20 on a Rick and Morty t-shirt that he's been wanting for ages. Periodically he'll use facebook to tag me in items he likes. Of course he doesn't realize that I secretly save the links to purchase later!


What are you doing for Valentine's Day this year?

Lots of Love,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment