DIY Autumnal Wreath



For less money than going out to lunch, you can DIY this awesome wreath! I made this a few weeks ago and love it! It will definitely stay in my fall decor for years to come. Get this assembled in time for Thanksgiving and welcome your turkey guests with a lovely autumnal greeting.

First, shopping!

From the craft store you will need*:
-One grapevine wreath
-Length of burlap
-Various fake accents (I used a pumpkin and little sticks   with decorative balls)
*always check online for coupons, I used one for 50% off

From the dollar store you will need:
2-3 bunches neutral colored flowers (I used off-white mums)
1 bunch accent color (I chose orange sunflowers)
1-2 bags artificial leaves in various fall colors

Tools:
Scissors/ diagonal cutter (for cutting the stems)
Glue gun




Pin Me on Pinterest!




You can assemble your wreath however you'd like. Personally I like the off center flower arrangement, but you could completely cover your wreath. Of course this would cost more, but purchasing items at the dollar store allows for more budget flexibility. 

I first assembled the burlap bow. There are many tutorials like this one from Better Homes and Gardens. I loosely followed the "classic" tutorial. However, I added separate pieces of burlap for the bow strings. 








For the wreath, I started by placing and gluing my focal point: the pumpkin. From there I glued a neutral flower on the side of the pumpkin. The key part is to then glue a leaf under the flower. This allows the leaves to cover the wreath and creates the illusion of fullness. Glue another neutral flower on the other side of the leaf, following the pattern-- flower, leaf, flower and so on. Occasionally add your accent flower instead of a neutral one. Continue this on both side of your focal piece until you have achieved your desired look or you've run out of flowers! Now add your fake accent piece anywhere you'd like. Be sure to glue these or use their wires to attach to the wreath. 


Now hang your creation from your door! 

P.S. The dollar store has wreath hangers that go over the door and work just as well as $10 versions!


Lots of Love,
Anne 

No comments:

Post a Comment