Choose Happiness



Recently I have made quite a few changes. Pretty major ones. But let's start at the beginning.

As the new year dawned, I found myself in a very unhappy place. Sure, there were plenty of things to be thankful about. I'd become extremely comfortable with my boyfriend and had faith in our relationship. I was blessed in ways many people are not...somewhere to live, a job, a working car, people who loved me. The uszh. And yet I found myself depressed. I dreaded going to work. I was fighting with my loved ones. I oozed unhappiness everywhere I went. And it had a major effect on everything and everyone around me.

One day I decided that I'd had enough. How cheesy. I didn't jump out of bed, raise my finger to the sky and say, "Today is the day I take charge of my life!" Actually, I was just so fed up that I quit my job, got a puppy, and turned down a very lucrative job, all within a few weeks. I had finally decided that I needed to put myself first. And I did.

I had to stop letting others control me. I was afraid of what they would think. How my actions would hurt people around me. And while it's important to think about other people, that's all I was doing. But I have needs too. I deserve to put myself first!


Instead of focusing on how everyone else was feeling, I started to focus on what I felt. And I am so much happier for it! Sure, bad things happened. I burned a few bridges, lost a friend, and chose happiness over money. But in retrospect, I would do it all again. The people and things that are meant to stay in my life, will stay. And those that need to go, well, I have to let them leave.

Make the choice to follow your happiness. It's your life, darling!

Lots of Love,
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment