Whether you have a surplus of apples or just genuinely enjoy those tasty bagged apple chips, I've got an easy recipe for you!
Generally speaking, the heartier apple varieties like Granny Smith, hold up a little better but you can use any variety you'd like. My favorite is Red Delicious! If you like sweeter apple chips, add a bit of sugar to the cinnamon. Any sugar will do the trick, but I LOVE the flavor of coconut sugar with them. This recipe is so flexible it can easily be multiplied based on your quantity of apples. The sky's the limit! (Or rather, the max dimensions of your sheet pan lol)
3 medium apples
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. Thoroughly wash apples.*
*Check out last week's post here to make your own fruit cleanser.
3. Carefully, core and thinly slice apples (about 1/8 inch thick).
4. Shake apple slices and cinnamon together in a large plastic bag until apples are evenly coated.
5. Grease a sheet pan with neutral tasting oil to prevent the chips from sticking. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
6. Lay apple slices in a single layer on cookie sheet and bake for 6 hours or until crisp.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It takes a while to bake, but those crunchy apples are so worth it!
Lots of Love,