Secretly Healthy Chocolate Cake? Seriously!



For the most part, eating healthy is pretty manageable. But at certain times of the month (cough, cough) I CRAVE chocolate. I NEED chocolate if I'm going to survive. Of course, a few squares of good quality dark chocolate will using satiate this desire but once in a while--cake is on the menu! As delicious as cake is, it's not likely to win a health award any time soon. However, I'm all for easy swaps that add a bit of nutrition to my treats. Plus this recipe is vegan! 

Now I'll warn you: its a pretty complicated recipe. (LOL)
Pin me on pinterest

Ingredients:
one box chocolate cake mix
one can pureed pumpkin 

Mix until fully incorporated. I recommend spraying the cupcake liners with non-stick cooking spray as these are gooey! Transfer into liners, filling about 3/4 full. These don't rise very much so keep that in mind. Bake at 350 degrees for about 16 minutes. You'll want to pull them out once the tops are stiff but they're not completely cooked as they will finish cooking as they cool. Let them cool in the pan for a few minutes and then transfer to cooling rack. THAT IS IT! 

I blitzed some store bought frosting with the mixer and piped it on top. You could omit the frosting and add some dark chocolate chips on top after baking for a muffin-like confection. 

The best part about these treats--YOU CAN'T TASTE THE PUMPKIN. These taste just a good as regular cupcakes. I cannot claim this brilliant invention as my own because a friend shared this recipe with me and I'll be forever grateful!

Lots of Love,
Anne 




No comments:

Post a Comment