DIY Vintage Magnets




Hello friends! Recently, I have really been into upcycling, crafting, and scouring the ends of the earth for chic vintage finds. The project this week incorporates all of these things. Look at me go!




You will need:
magnets
hot glue gun
pliers
a variety of accessories


You can use a wide array of vintage finds for your magnets. I had a few brooches and some clip on earrings that belonged to my grandmother, but were no longer wearable. I also used fabric flowers (the kind you find in the scrap booking section.) You can use buttons, gems, necklace pendents, pretty much anything that is small with a relatively flat back. Obviously, try to use things to already have around the house. I spent about $3 on the whole project as I literally only spent money on the magnets.

Try using a funky clothes pin, bottle cap or even a hook!
Step 1
Using the pliers, break off the hardware from the back of the piece to create a flat surface for gluing. This meant bending the “clip on” part of the earring until it snapped off.




Step 2
Glue it. Magnet + earring = TA DA!

Step 3
Revel in the fact that you just made some super chic magnets in literally five seconds. You're freaking awesome.




I hope you enjoyed this cool DIY. I think it's a great excuse to add more sparkle to your life. And who doesn't love that?!

P.S. What kinds of things did you use for your magnets? Let me know in the comments!

Lots of Love,
Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment